Product Manager IT
Who we are
Have you ever received dividends from another country, such as Switzerland? And have you wondered why you have to pay so much in taxes? The underlying issue here is withholding taxes, because foreign capital gains are taxed twice, both in your home country and the foreign country in the form of withholding taxes. Technically, you can reclaim these withholding taxes, but the forms required for that are an absolute nightmare. Globally, we are speaking about a market of $100 billion in paid withholding taxes annually, about $20 billion of which stay unreclaimed every single year.
With Divizend we built the first fully digital reclaim platform for foreign withholding taxes on dividends, interest and royalties for both B2C and B2B customers, the Divizend Maximizer. Our business model is unique, as we charge our customers a percentage-based transaction fee on every reclaim amount instead of a fixed fee, through which for the first time, even small refunds are guaranteed to become profitable (think of “Wise for withholding taxes”). We have built our platform over the last three years, brought together outstanding knowledge and commitment in the segments entrepreneurship up to unicorn status, taxing, investment, stock markets, APIs and technology and went live with our platform in December 2021 (https://divizend.com/). Currently, we are fully bootstrapped and self-funded.
Being originally based in Munich, since the beginning of 2021, we are consistently focusing on building up our presence in Luxembourg, as we want to concentrate our future B2B business there. At first, we won the LHoFT CATAPULT Kickstarter competition and took part in Luxembourg’s flagship startup incubation program Fit 4 Start. During 2021, we achieved several major milestones regarding Luxembourg: we joined ALFI and ABBL, set up strategic cooperations with KPMG Luxembourg and the University of Luxembourg, rented an office in the LHoFT and finally founded a subsidiary there, Divizend Luxembourg S.à r.l. As withholding taxes are inherently international, on the B2B side, we concentrate on the leading international markets for asset and wealth management (Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Hongkong, Singapore and Middle East).
About the role
As a product manager on the IT side, you will start by implementing the requirements for extending the Maximizer for B2B customers in React, Node.js (IBM LoopBack 4) and MongoDB. Over time, you will transition to the role of a software development team lead and get the opportunity to hire a growing team of software engineers.
Role and responsibilities
Your main challenge will be to help conceptualize and implement a suitable abstraction layer for the very diverse set of B2B customers of our withholding tax reclaim platform, while working closely together with the product manager on the business side to get direct customer insights and get to know their requirements.
- Lead and own the software side of the project for expanding the maximizer to also support B2B clients
- Help design the IT concepts for the various refund application processes together with the business product manager
- Create an implementation plan, based on modern software development methodologies and the requirements collected from the customers and planned future expansions
- Work closely together with Divizend’s CTO to get started with software development, later transition more and more into an independent working style
- Prioritise work based on inputs from many stakeholders, while being flexible to iterate/change
- In the medium term: Build and lead a growing team of developers and use professional project management methodologies, then make sure everyone is aligned with the product vision and strategy
- Be directly involved and participate in the decision-making processes of balancing business needs with technical constraints (and vice-versa)
- Highly familiar with modern web application development technologies, React, NPM, Node.js (we use LoopBack 4 and Koa), open source, git, MongoDB, REST, etc.
- Experience in modern/agile software development methodologies and creating digital experiences, possibly even user interface design
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into IT requirements
- Understanding of software development and integrations that serve product enhancements
- Interest or even experience in securities and taxing is, possibly even international taxation (e.g. withholding taxes, relief at source), is optional but beneficial
- Experience in other FinTechs or in the financial services industry is a strong asset
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English; German or French are optional but beneficial
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- You have a growth mindset and “never-stop-learning” attitude, are not afraid to fail and possess a desire to develop your skills and grow
What we offer
- You will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in foreign investments and wealth management and work on cutting-edge technologies with continuous customer feedback
- Office space in the Luxembourg House of Financial Technology in the city of Luxembourg
- Fully remote, hybrid or full-office depending on your preferences and situation
- Possibility to work together with highly prestigious partners from the taxing and wealth management industry
- Focus on maximum learning effect for the personal empowerment, also through the transfer of meaningful responsibilities and creative freedom for important tasks
- Access to innovative national and international research projects in the field of FinTech and WealthTech; opportunity to play a creative role in them
- Excellent opportunities for advancing into a leading position
- Opportunity to independently drive forward your own area of work in an entrepreneurial manner
- Opportunities for developing further internationally when we expand to further markets
- Attractive fixed salary at the beginning and the option for further success-based rewards later
Apply via email to [email protected].